Thursday, July 19, 2012

Writer's Block

Writer's block is not so much stressful as it is escapist. I'm a known escapist. I didn't say "escape artist." I'm terribly clumsy. Anyway, writer's block seem to cause changes in my daily habits. It is terribly familiar. Work shouldn't feel like college, it should feel different! I found myself making true attempts to be healthier, so as to somehow purge my body of whatever was bogging me down. It might be a step for the better because I feel lighter.

One relevant issue I have is with the draft edits. So extensive they were that I wanted to re-evaluate everything I had ever learned. Ah, perfectionism at its finest. In spite of receiving edits and criticism in college, all the work was initially written for professors' eyes only. Don't we sometimes just mold our work to please just the professor? Some weeks it just happens that way. It's unhealthy for your writing, people. Try to write for the world...!

Writing for school is one thing, sharing your writing with the world is quite another. Of course you need edits. You need all the help you can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment